E Rider Forums Our Community Technical

This topic contains 75 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Alissa michael 5 hours, 11 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author

Ayesongs
    Participant

Thanks, Ken and Paul.

That was exactly what I needed to do. I had to fish for the thin white wire but it was there just behind the cable for the seat lock. I’ll try and upload a photo to show what you have to do.

Once the wire is disconnected the default yellow setting gives 45 km/hr. The green setting seems to be for saving energy and drops the top speed to around 30km/hr but the red one removes the limiter completely – so it may not be prudent to use that in public.

I’m looking forward to my next journey on the Model 30. I’ll take it out onto the B road that leads from Dumfries to Glencaple and see how it handles with its power fully restored.

Ayesongs
    Participant

And here’s the picture.

Ayesongs
    Participant

Oops – something wrong with that last picture upload. I’ll try again from my real computer.

This should show the white wire pulled out where the left support for the luggage carrier passes into the seat, with the connection opened. In this state the Model 30 provides full power with options available by selecting green amber and red on the throttle.

Chris
    Participant

Hi,

Can anyone advise what the correct tyre pressures should be for our E-shopper bike please?

Also we received 2 different sets of keys and 2 key fobs (look like remote controls) with our E-shopper, only one set of keys fit the bike and no idea what the fobs are for?

The bike was pretty easy to set up and so far seems pretty cool!

Thanks

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Chris

Tyre pressure is 40PSI.

Other keys are for rear wheel lock and the remote functions are stop/start/alarm and “find my bike”. The last function useful for older customers like me who forget where they parked!!!

Keith Byatt
    Participant

Hi,
    A technical question from me. One the rear nearside of the wheel on the E-15 there is a spring loaded adjustment screw, which is near the top of the rear brake operating arm. What does this do please? There also seems to be a regeneration effect when you apply the rear brake. Just pulling the lever enough to put on the brake light switch gives a retarding effect, and the voltage increases.
    Finally, is there a chart which shows exactly what the symbols do on the speedo panel. There is the volts, speed, time and distance, and indicator repeater, but does the battery symbol have any function?
    And do you have a service manual with recommended service checks etc?
    Thanks.

Dominic
    Participant

Interesting regards the de restrictor on the e30City – is there something similar on the original E30 to make is go just that little bit faster? i.e. 30mph?

jchampken
    Participant

Hi can you please tell me how to replace the pedal axel on the model 15 as mine wobbles. I have had a new one sent to me but have no idea how to fit it

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi James

We will email you the information.

Regards

Ken

jchampken
    Participant

Thank you if you require my email it is

[email protected]

Ayesongs
    Participant

I’ve been having an issue with my Model 30. I think it’s the charger.
    When the bike is running low on power and I plug it in to charge, I get the green light earlier than expected. Then I set off and find my range is reduced. The most extreme was a day or two ago when the charger insisted the bike was fully charged even though I had been out and about for most of the afternoon.
    Is it possible that the charger has developed a fault and is getting the wrong reading of the battery charge?
    What would be the best option for a replacement charger?

Paul IOM
    Participant

Does the charger imediately show a green light and remain silent, or does it run for a while first?

If it just sits on green after connecting, it isnt sensing the battery, ie it is just sitting on standby which is liekly to be a connection fault.

Ayesongs
    Participant

It runs for a while and then shows green just like it does when running normally. The problem is that it isn’t charging long enough to give a full charge before it decides it’s done enough. After a long run and a fairly flat set of batteries it only charges for two or three hours instead of nearer six as I am used to.

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi

Sounds like it could be a faulty charger although at this time of year when it gets colder the range of the bikes will be reduced somewhat because the batteries are less efficient. Next time you fully charge suggest you measure the output voltage of the battery and email it to us- that should tell us if it is charging properly or not

Ayesongs
    Participant

OK,

I’ll keep you posted.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.