E Rider Forums Our Community Technical

This topic contains 79 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  steven 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)
  • Author

fahadkhan0205
    Participant

hi luci once again your absolutist right about that just have to wait for the 60mph electric bike to come soon may next year, but in the mean time just have use my current bike off course spend £950 for it lol, just maybe in couple of years time once i had enough of it i will give it to my family member and then purchase a new one but what future hold of just need to wait for it lol. Thanks luci once again for the great info you know your technical stuff have a great weekend all the best

Luci_ferson
    Participant

Glad your enjoying your bike. 🙂
    They really are a lot of fun.
    The batteries might seem like an expencive purchase, but they will save you a lot of problems.
    you have already experienced forgetting to charge, luckily you still managed to make it home without the battery cutting out.
    The batteries have an under voltage cutout to save the battery from destroying itself.
    When it cuts out the bike loses all power and is impossible to pedal for more than 10 or 20 metres
    The battery will come back to life again if disconnected from the bike for a short while and then reconnected. however running the bike again would cut out shortly after and each time it will be damaging the battery. thats why they have under voltage protection.
    having 2 batteries increases the lifespan of both batteries as neither battery will ever get too low.
    You may not experience these problems as your journey is different to mine.
    Thanks for the info on the oxford alarm ive been looking for something like that.

Luci_ferson
    Participant

Ive been talking my 14 yearold son into having one of these bikes.
    i was going to get him one of these for his birthday. but now im thinking of getting myself one of the newer ones for my birthday and just giving him the one ove been using.
    have a good weekend too 🙂

fahadkhan0205
    Participant

trust me luci go to this website ive got a friend who works their and this is good price and plus i will give u the code of 10% discount of any of the purchase you make on this website: http://www.bikenation.co.uk is really worth getting Oxford Boss Alarm Disc Lock- 14mm Yellow save you buying the cheap stuff and this will secure it and the alarm is powerful here is the code for it to get dicountof 10%.

discount10

Luci_ferson
    Participant

thank-you, much appreciated. its a new helmet i need the most . my open faced one was okey in summer, but in winter its getting a bit chilly lol.
    first page of website was a decent full face helmet . thanks again. 🙂
    now ive just got to hint at everyone for christmas presents lol

fahadkhan0205
    Participant

hope for the best is true about the chill and the rain maybe the snow need everything to get it covered trust me good luck and take care im off now to clean the house lol.

regard
    fahad

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

20160306_180302

20160306_180927After a long ride on some bumpy roads today I found that the seat wouldnt unlock, the key was turning and the lock action felt normal but the seat wouldnt release, I released the seat by putting my hand under the plastic panel just behind the key lock feeling for the cable and then pulling it to pop the lock.

Once open I removed the black inner tub, this gave me access to the rear of the key lock where I found that the cable had jumped out of the slot in its clip (see first photo) removing the tub requires undoing 4 bolts, and it is probably easier if you first take off the seat unit, I also removed the power cables from the main isolator switch, and after lifting the tub up slightly I also disconnected the 2 charger port wires at their connector plugs, this enabled me to remove the tub completely out of the way, but it is possible to leave all the cables connected and squeeze a hand in if you have someone to hold the tub up.

After clipping the lock cable back in I fitted a cable tie around it to prevent it coming out again (see second photo)

With small hands and nimble fingers would also be possible to re-fit the lock cable from underneath the panel if you laid the scooter over on its right side or had someone to hold it leant over, this would save undoing anything or using any tools.

Hope this helps if you havent already had his problem and figured out the fix.

From Paul IOM

Paul IOM
    Participant

It looks like the 2 photo’s have swapped places in the main message there, the top photo shows the fix, with the cable tie in place, the bottom photo is how I found the cable when I removed the tub, you will see that the end of the cable has jumped out of its slot.

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Yes sorted.

Thanks

Ten
    Participant

Hello Ken,

It’s such a joy to hop onto my Model 15. I love that I have the option to pedal or to just use the throttle. This joy, however, is marred by the fact that practically every time I ride my bike the chain comes off. As I pedal 99% of the time this is a great inconvenience – the chain stops moving, there’s a bit of a jerk and then the sound of the chain dragging on the ground.
    I’ve cleaned the chain a couple of times, kept it properly greased but am still having problems. Any suggestions would be most welcome!

On a different note, any decision made as yet on the yellow bicycle with the more affordable price point?

Many thanks in advance.

Ten

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Ten

On the rear hub there is a plastic guard which can knock the chain of the cogs if it comes loose. The solution is simple- just take a pair of scissors and cut it off.

It is possible that the chain has stretched and needs to be tightened by removing a link but I think this is unlikely and your issue should be solved by removing the plastic piece.

Regards

Ken

Ten
    Participant

Thank you, Ken. Will give that a try and hope it works.

Ten
    Participant

Thank you, Ken. Will give that a try and hope it works. I mostly use my bike to get to and from work so delays to get the chain back on are unwanted.

I am really glad I got my bike from ‘eriderbikes’ as you are so very good with after-purchase help and advice.

Ayesongs
    Participant

I’ve been getting my new Model 30 out and about between the storms and had my first proper run on it today. It’s a lovely thing to trundle around town on but there is one thing which I think I may not have set up correctly yet.

I’m only getting a maximum speed of 19 km/h, more like a Model 15 than a 30. I wonder if this has something to do with the red, green and yellow lights on the throttle. Presumably there is something that can be connected which isn’t that makes these do something. At the moment, regardless of which setting I choose, I still get a maximum speed of 19 km/hr.

How do I fix this?

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Mark

The following is an extract from a review posted by Paul Collins.

Interestingly, on my first ride, the bike wouldn’t exceed 15mph, and the button did nothing other than change the light colour, so I returned to my garage for a head scratch and then I noticed a thin white wire poking out of the rear panel just below the seat, where the rear rack mount goes through the panel, and wondered why the manufacturer would leave this poking out, so I pulled the little plug connector apart and went out again, bingo, full power!!

Think this should sort it,

Regards

Ken

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.