E Rider Forums Our Community Some advice please :)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ken Ferguson 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Kev
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m Kev from London.

I’ve been thinking about getting a Model 15 special edition for a while now, but I’ve been holding off for as long as possible before actually pre-ordering, because I recently lost my job and was hoping to place a pre-order on/around 15th of this month (which is when I get my final salary), but I noticed today that there are only 17 slots left, so I doubt there’d be any available, if I left it any longer.

I noticed when I checked the site previously, that the SE could be pre-ordered for £100 deposit, with the balance payable prior to delivery, but when I got to the checkout stage, this didn’t appear to be the case. 🙁

Also, I have a couple of questions:
    1. What is the overall length (not wheel base) of the bike, please? I need to measure the dimensions of my shed, to ensure that it’s big enough to store the bike securely overnight.
    2. Is the top box easily removable, or is it fixd in place?
    3. I know the bike comes with an alarm, but seeing as it is a relatively high value purchase and I live in an area where the “l’il darlins” have very sticky fingers, I’m looking at installing a GPS tracker on the bike. I’m guessing that this would be a 12V circuit that I could “tap” in to?

Thanks in advance.
    Kev.

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Kev

It is now only a few weeks until the Special Edition bikes will be delivered therefore we changed the offer and now are requesting full payment however if you (or anyone else) wants to reserve one by paying a deposit rather than full payment just let me know and we’ll send you an invoice to do this.

You would need to email us with your name, address and a phone number (ideally a mobile).

To answer your other questions

1) 1700mm

2) It can be removed but the design is for it to be an integral part of the bike and it would look unfinished without it.

3) Yes 12 volts.

Regards

Ken

Kev
    Participant

Hi Ken,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to my queries. 🙂

I will measure the dimensions of the shed, to make see if the bike will fit before I commit to a pre-order, as I am not comfortable leaving the bike outside overnight, regardless that it will be secured by at least one sold secure gold lock and chain, as well as the integrated rear wheel lock, as well as being insured by Lexham. (Can’t take too many chances! 🙂

I’ll whip out the tape measure and get back to you ASAP.

Kev.

Kev
    Participant

Hi Ken,

I’ve now placed an order and paid in full for my SE. 🙂
    I was just wondering, though, will you be doing a new version of the back plate that you sell in your store, or if not, can you point me to soomewhere I can get one made up, please?

Thanks.
    Kev.

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Kev

The back plate is now updated to match the Model15

Regards

Ken

Kev
    Participant

@Ken,

Many thanks for the reply. 🙂
    Out of interest, will the new Model 15s be supplied with a back plate as standard, or is this something that users will have to purchase, as an “optional” extra? I’m hoping the former is the case, but I have a feeling that seeing as you’re running a business.. 😉

Regards,
    Kev.

Kev
    Participant

Bad form to reply to my own post, I know, but..
    The government’s website re: ebikes states:

EAPC requirements

The requirements are:

the bike must have pedals that can be used to propel it
    the electric motor shouldn’t be able to propel the bike when it’s travelling more than 15.5mph
    the motor shouldn’t have a maximum power output of more than 250 watts

It must also display one item from each of the following:

the power output or manufacturer of the motor
    the battery’s voltage or maximum speed of the bike

(My bold emphasis)

So, to reiterate my previous question, would the new bikes be supplied with a plate that states the above? (Other resellers/manufacturers supply their bikes with these plates attached as standard, from what I can see).

Don’t get me wrong, I am not in any way trying to stir up a hornet’s nest or anything, but as I understand it, if the ebike did not display a plate such as this, then it wouldn’t be fully compliant with the above and therefore, wouldn’t be “road legal”, from day one?
    Of course, I am happy to be proven wrong, but as I say, that’s how I interpret the legislation.

Best regards,
    Kev.

victor
    Participant

Please tell me it’s illegal to ride in child age 6 to 15 erider bike ?

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Victor

Happy to confirm. Age 14 plus

Regards

Ken

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.