E Rider Forums Our Community The Amazing Model 30

This topic contains 51 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Paul IOM 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Paul IOM
    Participant

Hi Jason, Nothing has defeated my Model 30 yet, and we have some pretty serious hills here on the Isle of Man.

As long as you don’t expect to hold 30 mph uphill you’ll be fine, on the very steepest hills mine will slow down to around 15 mph, but then it just sits at that speed until the top, and it’s still passing all the cyclists on the way up, even the serious Lycra brigade pumping furiously.

Alan
    Participant

Any news on the arrival date of the new E30?

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Alan

We currently expect the shipment to arrive in August. We will probably put up a PREORDER offer once we have a confirmed date.

Ken

Colin Armstrong
    Participant

Hi,

Is there any news on the accessories being updated to include battery chargers for the model 30? I notice only model 14 and 15 chargers are available, there’s no 60v option. I can order these from China, but I was hoping to see what the ‘official’ one would cost/how long delivery would be before having to wait a month for one to arrive from oversees….

Still not sure why the original one packed in though, but it’s not working and I need to get a charge in so that I can carry on feeling superior on the roads!

Regards,
    Colin

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Colin

No we don’t have much demand for 60V chargers hence they are not on the website. We do have them in stock however and I will arrange to send you one.

Regards

Ken

mjbass
    Participant

Ken, while we’re on the subject of spares, can I get hold of a new right-hand mirror? The stem’s fine, just the back of the frame got knocked and the glass has split into three pieces.

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi

If you could send us an email we will get a replacement mirror sent out to you.

raymond griffiths
    Participant

Paul IOM
    Participant

If were sitting on the bike, the right.

kas
    Participant

Hi I need information again, I did have Battery problems that was partly solved as the bike on a full charge will only take me about 20 miles. It has dropped again so I tried checking terminal tightness, I checked the circuit breaker and when I tested it the breaker broke. Can I get new ones or can anybody tell me the Amperage so I can get a new one. Thanks Kas

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Kas

Sorry to hear of your problem. Could you please email us direct on [email protected] and we will get this solved.

Regards

Ken

Jason
    Participant

Now people have had their Model 30s for a while, how many kilometres have people done and how are your bikes / batteries?

Jason
    Participant

I’ll expand on why I’m curious… I needed my batteries replacing after 1000km as my range had dropped to 5.5 miles, which at the time seemed unusual. However after doing another 1000km the range has dropped again to 5.5 miles, which is sad as it’s only 10 months old.

What are other peoples’ experiences with age, range and mileage?

Paul IOM
    Participant

That does seem a little odd Jason, my original Model 30 did around 2000km and the batteries did start to loose their edge a little but not dramatically, I think I was still getting around 14 miles without any problems when the new bike arrived.

I now have the newer Model 30 city but haven’t really tested the range yet as it tends to do lots of little 4-5 mile trips, the longest round trip I’ve done on it has been around 12 miles which it did easily.

My old bike is now on loan to a friend of mine but she hardly ever uses it, even so the batteries are still holding up ok with a fortnightly Maintenence charge and it does the odd 5-6 mile trip with hills and doesn’t complain.

Jason
    Participant

Thanks Paul, that’s helpful. I was reluctant to post my battery experiences here as I didn’t want to put off potential buyers, but it sounds like they’re vastly different to yours!

Hopefully I’ll get a response to my email to support soon…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.