E Rider Forums Our Community Commuting in Edinburgh

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Paul IOM 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

awwaddell
    Participant

Living in Edinburgh is great – especially at festival time – but the traffic can be a nightmare. My new E-15 has been a revelation. The battery lasts long enough for commutes into the city and the ability to use the bike lanes makes the trip so much easier. Edinburgh is hilly but there are only a few where I’ve had to add a bit of pedal power. I thoroughly recommend the e-rider for city commutes (just wish I had known it was eligible for ‘cycle to work’ scheme before I bought it)!

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your review and glad to hear you are enjoying the bike. You will be interested to know that I have been driving my Model 30 around for the last couple of weeks and it’s a great bike. The downsides are that you can’t use the bike lanes and I don’t like having to wear a helmet but there is no doubt that the extra speed has become addictive.

Incidentally, my experience with the Model 15 is that it will cope with any hill on the throttle alone but it slows down a bit. When I turn the pedals a couple of times the motor kicks in and gets me up more quickly but I refuse to take any real exercise!!!

Hopefully someone will post a Model 30 review soon.

Best regards

Ken

Paul IOM
    Participant

My model 30 has just arrived, I still have to complete the registration process, but I’ve managed a couple of miles on some private roads today and first impressions are very good, its stylish, and the build quality seems surprisingly good

I’m looking forward to posting a full review once I get out and about properly on it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.