E Rider Forums Our Community Love the Model 15!

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  dave1 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Ten
    Participant

Got my bike on the 12th, assembled it and left battery to charge for the recommended 8 hrs. Too wet next morning for a test run but by afternoon it was a ‘go!’ My-oh-my! I can understand why ‘The Beast’ is not for the inexperienced. The Model 15 is fantastic and that’s no exaggeration. Certainly more power than a regular bicycle.
    It’s zippy and fun to ride. I tried it out in the alleyway behind the garages where I live and I can tell you it garnered quite a few stares. First off, it’s a beauty in real life. Second, it’s so very quiet, no engine noise. I’ll admit I felt a bit wobbly on it and it’s taking me some time to get used to the throttle but, Man!, I love it – twist and go. It’s SO easy!
    As I’d pre-ordered the bike I had time to get a few extra bits for it. I anticipated having to use it at night so got some reflective strips. That too has added to the look of the bike.
    Early days yet but I have every intention of getting in a ride whenever the road is quiet so as to improve in my control of the bike, cornering, smoothly stopping and growing in confidence among other vehicles. It’s a real pleasure to use and I also like that it requires no trips to the station for a fill-up.
    The audible indicators are pretty handy too – pedestrians popping out of alleyways and other road traffic at intersections are immediately aware of my presence and therefore more careful.
    Am I gushing? Ha! I have every reason to! ๐Ÿ˜€

Ten
    Participant

Link to video of bike with reflective strips.

https://youtu.be/2U0LGRaf6Z0

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Ten

You really are a Queen fan.

Glad you like your new Model 15- so far all the feedback we have been getting on the new bike is very positive. Not sure how many others have pimped their ride like you though!!!

anthony
    Participant

Finally have a date for delivery of my bike this Friday

Ten
    Participant

Hey Anthony,

I’m sure you’ll love your bike. Bet you’re counting down to Friday ๐Ÿ™‚ Enjoy the unwrapping and minor assembly required. And have fun riding.

Curious to know your thoughts once you’ve taken your ride for a spin – please do share on here.

Regards,
    Ten

anthony
    Participant

Hi all received my bike just put it all to gether just gotta Wight for it 2 charge up so will let us now how the ride goes

anthony
    Participant

Just toke me bike out for a good run was very comfortable ride and handles very well

Ten
    Participant

Congratulations Anthony and happy riding! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kev
    Participant

@ten,

I think what you’ve done to your Model 15 is really neat and (IMVHO) whatever can be done to make cyclists and their kit more visible on the roads can only earn multiple thumbs up from me. ๐Ÿ™‚

I was just wondering though, what width of tape did you use for the “pin striping”?
    I’m considering doing something very similar myself, using black reflective tape, (provided I can find it at a non-exorbitant price!) once my Model 15 SE arrives, so any insights you can offer would be very helpful, indeed. ๐Ÿ™‚

Many thanks,
    Kev.

Ten
    Participant

Hello Kev,

The width of the pin strip is 0.5cm. I got it from moglo.co.uk and it’s been on for almost a year, in rain and shine and has weathered well. So, I’d say well worth the price. Have also added more stickers from speakstick.com. It’s only been a few weeks but pleased with them too.

You can find the moglo stickers on Amazon and ebay but I’ve found it more economical to buy directly from their website. Of course, there are other sellers/options.

I love my Model 15 and am sure you’ll find yours a great delight. All the best in finding the tape/stickers you want and in giving your bike your own personal ‘touch.’

Regards,
    Ten

Kev
    Participant

Hi again @ten,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to reply; it is greatly appreciated. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve visited the Moglo site that you mentioned in your reply, but couldn’t see anything smaller than 25mm (1″, or 2.5cm) as their stock line, so I was wondering, did they guillotine a reel down to 5mm, or did you buy a larger width and then “pare” it down, yourself?

Also, approximately how much tape did you order to cover all the bits of the bike that you needed?
    @Ken Ferguson has informed me in a previous post, that the bike measures 1700mm in length, so I’m working on the extremely loose assumption that if I order 4m worth, then that should do the hob nicely, TYVM, but if I can get away with splitting a 25mm width roll into 5x5mm strips, then I’d only need around 80cm in length and this, of course, would work out a lot cheaper. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again,
    Kev.

Ten
    Participant

Hello Kev ๐Ÿ™‚

Just been out to measure the tape to make sure I gave you the correct info. It is a width of 0.5cm. I got it in strips – not in a roll – but I can’t remember how much I ordered. I got it that width and from Moglo. Perhaps they no longer offer pinstripe?

Have had a look for 1/4 inch tape online and it is really hard to find. Readily available from the US but so expensive! If you have the skill, patience and tools to split the 25mm tape evenly then I’d say go for it. It’s certainly a good project to engage in while you await the arrival of your bike.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

Ten

Kev
    Participant

Hi again @ten,

A quick update for you – I emailed the guy who runs the Moglo website last night with a query, asking if he could provide the 5mm strips as a special order project and he has just got back to me, stating that he has now added the 5mm strips to his website as a stock item. ๐Ÿ™‚

here is the link to the product, for anyone else who’s interested. ๐Ÿ™‚

All the best,
    Kev.

Ten
    Participant

That’s great news, Kev!

Thanks for the link ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike Smith
    Participant

I’ve had my E-Rider 15 for a few weeks now and I love it. Ken was very kind, allowing me to visit The Wirral for a test drive and answer all the questions and concerns. It was delivered within a week, it took 2 hours to assemble (even without instructions – I’d forgotten to print them), and I’m a happy bunny. Here’s why:

Why I Love My E-Rider 15 -Top Five Reasons

* It is ridiculously easy to ride. Itโ€™s a case of point and go, just like a fairground ride and equally enjoyable. Around the town, I have a lot more options available than car drivers – like cycle lanes, footbridges and footways, alleys and shortcuts.

* Itโ€™s free transport. A return bus journey the other week cost me ยฃ5.40 and took around 45mins, the same journey this week took 20mins and was free and fun. I pay no road tax, no insurance, no M.O.T., no parking fees or fines, no congestion charges, no speeding fines and I donโ€™t buy any petrol

* I feel that I am educating my community by showing them a wonderful new mode of transport. Children watch me pass them as though I am flying a magic carpet. I can hear their parents explaining the concept of electric vehicles in the distance.

* I think it is important to be environmentally friendly. My E-Rider leaves no fumes and consumes no fuel.

* I canโ€™t afford the Tesla 3 electric car. But even if I could, I would still have an E-Rider 15 for my day-to-day journeys.

I also have compiled the legal information regarding EAPCs and the E-Rider 15, and I keep a copy with me in the saddle bag (for informing others and proving my entitlements). I attach it to this post in case anyone else finds it useful and here is a link to a higher quality PDF ( https://1drv.ms/b/s!AkPsg7Y_hsvsgpNrfjDSX0DDvr7DNw ).

Mike Smith
    PC Mike
    http://www.pcmike.uk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.