It’s a question often asked here at E Rider, “what speeds do electric bikes go up to?” While we’d love to give you a simple answer, it isn’t possible to do so for the simple fact that it’s not a case of one size fits all.
When it comes to electric bikes, there are many different options to choose from depending on your needs. All of which offer different levels of power and subsequently speeds.
How Are Electric Bikes, Mopeds & Motorbikes Identified
There are a few general rules of thumb to follow and that surrounds the category the bike you’re looking at falls into.
- Electric bikes or electrically assisted bikes don’t tend to go past 15mph.
- Electric mopeds are slightly higher and generally stick around at the 30mph mark.
- Electric motorbikes offer a range north of 30mph, anywhere from 50mph to 75mph and beyond.
Here we’re going to break down the bikes we have available in our range and what you can expect for your money.
Electric Bike Speeds
When it comes to our electric bikes, we have a fantastic selection with the Model 18 Electric Bike and the Model 15 Electric Bike.
- Neither of these electric bicycles require a license.
- Neither of these electric bikes require insurance which means anyone as young as 14 years old can use one.
- There’s also the added convenience of using twist and go electric bike technology.
- Can be recharged with ease of the additional pedal power should the battery run out.
While these may not be suitable for longer commutes on busier roads, they’re ideal for trips to the shop or short journeys to friends.
Electric Moped Speeds
If you’re looking for something with a little more power then you’ll love our selection of electric mopeds and electric scooters.
- These electric mopeds require insurance.
- Electric mopeds require a licence.
- Electric mopeds require a helmet.
From our Model 30 City to our Model 30 Roma and not forgetting our Model 30 Moda; all of our electric mopeds have one thing in common and that’s their ability to reach a very commute friendly 30mph.
With ranges of around 50miles, these mopeds are ideal for your daily commute into work, especially inner city driving where motorways and A roads can be avoided.
Electric Motorbike Speeds
For those looking for not only more speed and power but more range too, our selection of electric motorbikes are there for the taking. First up we have the Model 50 Electric Motorbike offering speeds of 50mph and a range of almost 70miles. This electric motorbike is fantastic for those longer commutes as well as those looking for a pleasure bike.
- Electric motorbikes require insurance.
- Electric motorcycles require a licence.
- Electric motorbikes require a helmet.
From social to commercial use, this motorbike will withstand some pretty long journeys but it just doesn’t offer enough in the way of speeds, and if it’s motorways that you need to contend with, then our Model 75 Electric Motorbike is for you.
With a maximum speed of 75mph and a range of 75miles, this bike will hold up against the toughest of commutes taking you from motorway to A road and inner city alley way with ease.
Contact Us Today About Electric Vehicle Speeds
If you’d like more information on our range of electric bikes and what speeds they can accomplish simply contact us today. Our team will be more than happy to advise you on the best option for your needs and travelling preferences. Call 01928 583030 now.