E Rider Forums Our Community Stuck at 20 mph

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  albiem 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jellylegs
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    Been out a couple of times but I can’t get it to go any faster than 20 mph. I’ve looked for this plug thing that people recommend I disconnect but can’t find it, anyone help please?

Paul IOM
    Participant

I assume you have a ‘City’? if so its around the area just to the rear of the keyhole for the seat lock, mine was peeping out from the hole where the rear rack support goes through the bodywork towards the battery.

Yours may not be visible but have a good look into the hole with a torch, failing that take the tub out under the seat which only a couple of bolts, and you’ll find it crom the inside, when you do just unplug it.

Jellylegs
    Participant

Great thanks Paul, I’ll have another look tomorrow, appreciate your help

Jellylegs
    Participant

Edit:
    Cheers Paul just had a quick look and found it thanks to your directions, look forward to going a bit faster now 😀

albiem
    Participant

Hi Paul,

Are you aware of a similar cable on the Model 30 Moda? It never goes over 24Mph. I’ve had a rummage around but do not see anything obvious.

Thanks in advance,
    Albie

albiem
    Participant

One other question – I have 2 yellow switches, 1 either side of the handlebars. 1 is the horn but the other doesn’t have any indication as to what it might do..any ideas?

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Albie

The yellow button by the throttle is reverse gear!!

There is no cable restrictor on the Moda but I will speak to the manufacturer and get back to you on the top speed issue,

Regards

Ken

albiem
    Participant

Thanks for letting me know about the reverse!

I’ll await to hear back on the speed, cheers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.