E Rider Forums Our Community Model 15 – Pedals Keep Turning

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  matt 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

matt
    Participant

Hi Guys

I’m loving the model 15 but have a slight issue whereby the pedals are turning on their own when I drive with my feet on the central foot rest. This seems to activate the pedal assist and I’m always going at 35-39 km/h unless I put my feet on the pedals and stop them moving.

Does anyone else have similar issue or a resolution. It only started happening today after a couple of days of freewheeling as normal. I know it sounds great but I worry about battery life and also don’t have proper control over speeds as throttle isn’t that responsive when pedal assist is active.

Thanks,

Matt

matt
    Participant

Just wanted to share an email response from Tim which resolved my problem (wd-40)…

Good morning Matt – If the pedals are turning independently the cogs and chain require lubrication or there is an obstruction. Please check the free wheel at the back of the bike for obstructions while the bike is on the centre stand. If none are found spray WD40 on the free wheel while it’s on the centre stand until the pedals stop turning. If the problem persists please get in touch. Regards – Tim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.