E Rider Forums Our Community Guardcover Recovery and Insurance on my Beautiful Model 18

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    scarrabri
    Participant

Hi have just taken out Guardcover Recovery and Insurance on my beautiful Model 18 cycle/scooter you choose the plan you want on line and £135 poorer and complete peace of mind and the end of my biggest nightmare that one should be broke down on a cold winters night miles away because you sure would not be able to push it very far ,the only question i have if Guardcover Recovery and Insurance dont replace the panels and apparantly they do not ,do E-Rider carry any stock for my model 18? best wishes Brian

Paul IOM
    Participant

Do you mean ‘Panels’ or ‘parts’? Yes e-rider stock parts, not sure why a recovery/breakdown service wouldn’t replace panels If removed.

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Brian

Yes we stock Model 18 panels.

Regards

scarrabri
    Participant

Hi Paul ,its the body panels that they won’t insure which i don’t understand especially as ken has just confirmed that they are available ,but at £130 for recovery and insurance its a give away not that i am made of money ,but i also have to say the model 18 is a stunner of a bike and has many admirers on my many travels and has a turn of speed when using the peddles that’s breathtaking , not as good as the Lambretta ,but equal to the vespa and a penny or two to charge makes this beauty a sale of the century ,best wishes Brian.

scarrabri
    Participant

Hi ken thank you for the information concerning the Model 18 panels as this is excellent news that they are available ,best wishes Brian

Paul IOM
    Participant

Ah now I understand Brian, they will not insure against panel damage, when one of my model 30’s was knocked over Ken had the replacement plastic parts in stock.

Happy riding

scarrabri
    Participant

Sorry Paul i know i am not always very clear lol and yes it was the panels that they would not insure but the rest of the insurance was excellent and the recovery was a must for me , being a type 1 Diabetic for the last 55yrs Happy riding and stay safe ,Brian

dhodgson1980
    Participant

Hi Scarrabri, can I ask which policy you choose, assume Cycle Insurance and then Electric Bike? Did you speak to them before insuring to make sure they would cover the bike or just going on the basis that it is classed as an Electric Bike?

scarrabri
    Participant

Hi concerning the policy i spoke to them on the phone in great detail so they knew which scooter/bike i was talking about and that it was E/Rider model 18 and i wanted insurance and recovery although the recovery was restricted to 25 mile and no replacement of outer body panels

Paul IOM
    Participant

You might want to remove the attachment you posted, it has personal information on it and is actually the land registry document for your house!! a gift for fraudsters!!!!

scarrabri
    Participant

Hi i am trying to deleat it but it wont let me

Paul IOM
    Participant

You’ll need to email E-Rider and ask them to remove it, I just checked on my own profile and it doesn’t give the option to delete your own posts by the look of it.

scarrabri
    Participant

ok thanks

scarrabri
    Participant

Hi Paul thanks for letting me know i really appreciate it being the clown i am ,and E Rider have just confirmed the deletion thanks again .Brian

Paul IOM
    Participant

No problem mate, hopefully no harm done amd you won’t end up with a second mortgage you didn’t know about!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.