E Rider Forums Our Community E-Rider Model 30 City Review

This topic contains 26 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  BowtomePhil 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

BowtomePhil
    Participant

Many thanks for replying. It turns out the speedo isnt working properly. I used a GPS device (Garmin 1000) and it showed the max I was getting was 30mph when the speedo showed 35kph.

Ken is looking for a solution.

Enjoying the ride 🙂

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Phil

We will organise a replacement speedo.

The good news is that, even at your slightly overstated speed you are not going to set off any cameras!!!

Ken

Dominic
    Participant

That is still far more accurate than my one on an original 30…
    My needle is off the dial when I am doing 35mph…

BowtomePhil
    Participant

More questions 🙂

My speed is faulty and I have a new one to fix. Thanks ken.

But, not sure if that is affecting the power readings also. After about 16 miles the power is showing as 75% free, which as the range is deemed to be approx 60-70km (I know hills etc has an impact) sounds about right.

But, as I am riding the power suddenly shows 0% and then when I brake and stop at traffic lights, back to 75%. Which is good.

But today I turned it on and it showed 75% and then on the way to work it suddenly reduced power output and I guess I was doing about 20 mph. The front beam is on full blast and doesnt seem faded.

So my question is in a real world, how many rough miles are you getting per charge? I am not worried about your hills or not, just need to gauge it. I go up one 3% slope for 200 metres daily.

And also have you seen the power drop when the battery is running low, any how many miles left could there be? I managed to get to the train station, have 2 miles to go home tonight, I hope I do’nt end up pushing after 20 miles of battery use.

Once I know I can charge mid week, just expected more milage.

Thanks

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Phil

On our website we state

“The specifications advertised on our website are those supplied by the bike manufacturers. Please note that the range of electric vehicles is dependent on a number of factors including body weight, terrain, wind speed and tyre pressures and the maximum ranges quoted can by no means be guaranteed. In truth, the only way to be sure that a bike will accomplish a particular journey is to try it.”

Furthermore the power gauges are not an exact guide to the remaining range as they will vary considerably according to the load from the motor as you have noticed. The key to it all is to ensure you never have to push the bike home and, for that reason, we recommend charging the battery after each use so you always start with a full charge. I generally use my bikes for relatively short journeys and in practice I will do a number of these journeys without charging in between however whenever the power gauge suggests anything other than a full battery I get it back on charge immediately!!!

BowtomePhil
    Participant

Thanks ken, I understand all that. I just wanted a rough guide to what Paul gets. I will charge midweek from now on.

Jellylegs
    Participant

I’ve only rode mine a couple of times but have enjoyed it so far, I’m a little wobbly having not rode a bike for years. It’s very nippy, pulls away from lights well and braking is good. I’m unable to find the white plug that I need to disconnect to make it do 30mph so if someone can help me I’d be grateful. Only done a couple of local trips so far whilst I get my confidence back on a bike. Bit disappointed that there’s no way of knowing how many miles I’ve done but happy with it so far.

BowtomePhil
    Participant

Open the seat, where the seat locks into the hole, it is in there.

Jellylegs
    Participant

Hi Phil
    I looked in there and can only see a white plug with multiple coloured wires going in to it so I don’t think it’s that. Others have mentioned seeing a white wire poking out of the rear of the bike but mine doesn’t. Also looked where the rear frame goes into the bike and again can’t see anything 😕

Jellylegs
    Participant

Wow! after disconnecting the plug and if my speedo is correct then I’m now getting 45mph on a flat on amber setting in windy conditions, it’s like a little pocket rocket 👍

Paul IOM
    Participant

Ignore the speedo, mine goes off the clock, genuine top speed is around 32mph in high power mode, but still handy enough to keep up with town traffic.

BowtomePhil
    Participant

45kph? Top numbers are KPH

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.