E Rider Forums Our Community Reviews

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author

Model 40 Review
    Well i have had my model 40 for a few weeks now and all i can say is wow this bike is just awesome . Its super fast and also scary quiet trust me all you can hear is the rubber on the road that’s how quiet it is and that means just a little more attention needed for those mobile phone crosser’s and anyone else for that matter because they really wont hear you coming .
    As for its performance its fast and the constant as well as instant acceleration is just great .I can honestly say that every time i ride it i have a smile on my face.Its also not afraid of any hill and i have found myself having to slow down on the way up a hill or two .That brings me to the breaks …..regenerative breaks that give you back some power every time you use them very nice indeed .It handles well on the road and it always attracts some attention wherever you go with it from smiles to looks of surprise ,i even had one guy come up to me in Morrison’s and say he thought fr a moment he had gone deaf when i passed him in the parking lot.
    The bike is very well put together and is not as heavy as it looks making it easy to manoeuvre the seat is comfortable as well as the footrests,the shocks are great and can handle those unavoidable holes that pop up along side all the other pot holes our roads seem to have . I would say if you are looking for a nice quiet comfortable and fast motorcycle then this is the one because its sure to put a smile on your face as well every time .I have some video of some of my rides although i’m still busy editing it i should have it finished soon as in a few days to a week and ill post a link to it on this forum .

A link to Dropbox and a picture of my blue model 40 -seeing as its 9.5 mb so to big for upload to forum .
    https://db.tt/4O3pv6YoE8

iainmcgon
    Participant

I thought I wpuld take the opportunity to give an honest review of e-rider and the Moda 30 I purchased almost two years ago.
    Purchase experience:
    This was very straightforward and delivery to scotland was very fast.
    Registration isnstructions were clear and that process was completed in about a week.
    In Use:
    The bike was just what we wanted for getting around our wee local town and the surrounding area. Range is good enough but the bike generally does not perform as well in cold weather. This is not a fault – it is a fact of life for battery powered devices. The bike still has a range good enough for our purposes in winter. We both love the bike and it has drawn lots of admiring glances locally.
    Issues:
    The main issue for me is the lack of technical backup. There are no dealer in this area who will take on any repairs. There is no detailed manual, and most importantly no wiring diagram. I have had the following issues:
    1) The charging socket below the seat fell apart after a few weeks. There were signs of corrosion, which clearly happened during shipping and storage per-sale. After some communication with e-rider, I sourced an identical socket and replaced it.
    2) A problem charging the battery was eventually resolved with a personal visit from Ken, who replaced both battery and charger. All is now well with this.
    3) A fault developed in the speedo display – the speed readings fluctuated randomly. This seems to have been a known fault as e-rider sent be a replacement display. Unable to find anyone to fit it I had to attempt this myself. Eventually I was sent some instructions on dismantling the required part of the bodywork and though this proved fiddly I managed to do it. The new display does not show the odometer function so there is no way of knowing the total mileage. also it says ‘miles’ but still reads in km per hour.
    4) A fault developed in the front mudguard – it developed a noisy rattle and came a bit loose. I contacted e-rider and was given vague instructions about accessing it. Further enquiry elicited no further detail on removing the front body panels to access the mudguard mountings. I turned the whole bike upside down and found the mudguard cracked around the mountings. The only way i could think to repair it without access from above was to drill a couple of small holes either side of the crack and zip-tie it together. This seems to have worked for now. If anyone out there can help me with details on how to remove the body panels I would be most grateful – just taking the visible screws out doesn’t seem to do anything.
    5) The steering occasionally goes a bit stiff. Again I need access under the body panels to access this. Is there a steering damper fitted at all? Again a manual would help!
    6) Corrosion: The paint on teh lower forks started peeling off before a year was up and it now looks a bit scruffy as corrosion sets in. Not such a good quality paint job!
    Would I have another one?
    We both love the Moda, but the lack of a dealer network or even a technical manual is a serious drawback.

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Just a quick note to say thanks for getting my bike back on the road again.

Now that the non-working pedal assist has been bypassed, I have, after 5 years training, succeeded in getting the bike deep into Eartham and out home again, on the throttle, even stopping off for fish and chips on the way back! Eartham near Chichester has steep inclines and steep dips all over it, all within a small geographical area. Beatifully quite countryside. The throttle control is incredible, and not only allows me to maintain my speed perfectly, but it does so at whatever speed I want to travel, even if I need to maintain 10km/h or less. This is great, and the ‘auto pilot’ will enable me to do some private bike control around football training cones at mega slow speeds, which will improve my riding. This bike now, is revealing itself to be even more complex in its genius design than I realised only a few days ago.

The extra control, stability, and safety of travelling with throttle control and speed maintainance is extraordinary. It enables me to hand signal right safely, and increases my road awareness and observation. You guys are really clever. Thank you so much. This afternoon’s journey would not have been possible without your help, and will enable me to confidently return to the RSPCA at Eartham to resume volunteer dog walking.

Also, the bike range today was further than I have travelled before, which opens up new routes around where I live, so I can confidently trust the bike to get me into some more of our picturesque villages. Five years riding your bikes, and already there is so much more learning that I can do.

scarrabri
    Participant

Hi can someone please point me in the correct direction for any videos on the E Rider model 18 as I cant seem to find any and I have just ordered one after reading up on it and was really impressed, but cant find a video on it anywhere ,Brian

dhodgson1980
    Participant

Took delivery of my Model 18 last week and I have to say I am extremely impressed. I purchased the bike due to concerns over using public transport at the time of Covid-19 and needed a way to commute to work which is approx. 6 miles from home, after the lockdown is eased.

The bike was delivered built up which surprised me as I had not paid for that, so thank you to E-Rider for that, I was not looking forward to building the bike. The chap that delivered the bike explained how everything worked, the battery was fully charged and tyres inflated to the correct pressure. On the day I received the bike I took it for a very quick ride, and I was incredibly surprised at how zippy the bike is using just the throttle. I am a larger guy so I thought that my weight would really slow the bike down but no, it coped well.

I am concerned about the ambiguity of the law around twist & go EAPCs so I decided to order the plate that goes on the back of the bike to say the bike is Road Legal and displays the power/battery etc. I also decided to purchase an open face bike helmet as this will help with the credibility of riding this on the road. I have also printed the bike information and put it with the bike in case the police ever stop me.

All kitted up, I took the bike for a proper ride along some roads with hills. The bike coped well with the hills, a little slow with just the throttle but then I decided to peddle and wow, I was impressed by how quick the bike can go when peddling. I got quite a few smiles from people walking as well as a few confused faces.

Ken and the team have been helpful with all questions I raised during the order process and with questions about the bike after delivery. There is one issue with one of the pedals not folding down, but the team are looking at that for me.

I’m looking forward to many years of happy riding with this bike.

Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.