E Rider Forums Our Community Introduce Yourself

This topic contains 63 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Angela 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
  • Author

Paul IOM
    Participant

Hi Mark, regarding the handlebar bolt if you look at the assembly guide I think it covers that item, from memory it is a little fiddly but not a major problem if you turn the steering into the right place.

By the “springs on the legs” I assume you mean the stand springs? if so try attaching the spring at the frame end, then looping a cable (zip) tie through the other end of the spring and zip it partly up (these are incredibly strong) just make sure it is a big enough cable tie for you to then put your hand through the loop and grip the tie, you should then be able to haul the spring back over the peg,then simply snip the tie off.

You can also use strong string or electrical cable tied in a knot, it’s all about giving yourself something to get a hold of, if you are trying to pull those springs back with pliers and cold hands you will struggle, and probably end up with a few skinned knuckles!!

Paul IOM
    Participant

There is another method which can also be used, if you Google “fitting motorcycle stand spring” (I can’t get a link to post on here) you will see a short YouTube video of a simple method using a screwdriver and mole grips.

I haven’t tried this method on the Model 30 so not sure if there is enough space on the peg to fit the mole grips.

Ayesongs
    Participant

Thank you.

I was trying to use a medium sized screwdriver as a lever for those springs. I’m going to try a much longer one, but putting something on the end of the spring to give more purchase sounds like that would help too. I do have a molegrip. I’ll investigate if the screwdriver and zip tie fail.

Ayesongs
    Participant

After being out of the picture for a week with the flu, I launched myself into assembling my Model 30 again. I have a much smaller adjustab;le spanner and that with a socket driver made short work of the retaining bolt. All the panels are on, everything starts up and works perfectly. I’m going to get a pal of mine who is a motor cycle mechanic to have a look at it and check it’s all together properly and now eagerly await my DVLA registration to come through.

BowtomePhil
    Participant

I am new, I am going to buy the 30 city once I have sold my current scooter. Only had it about a year but it struggles to start in the wet and cold. I don’t want that hassle. I only travel to the station and back 2 miles each way per day. So 20 miles a week, I will then charge at the weekend.

groundanchor
    Participant

Good morning eRider’s.

I’m going to just be “groundanchor” for the time being. I hope nobody minds.
    This morning I finally got my new eRider 30 City legally onto the rode and and gave it a test ride.
    I live near Carlisle and I’ve got this electric moped to make my commute to work as economical as possible. I have high hopes for it but time will tell whether an eRider is a good investment or not. This Model 30 City is right on the limit of its range here. Its 16km from home to work BUT, there’s a lot of big hills…

Ayesongs
    Participant

Hi, GroundAnchor.

I have a Model 30 (not City) that I use for getting around Dumfries. I don’t usually travel much outside town on it but I have been round the Caerlaverock Peninsula. I’m wondering if I can get as far as Moniaive on it. Keep us posted on your progress.

Paul IOM
    Participant

@groundanchor that’s a 20 mile round trip which the Model 30 City should manage no problem, but it’s obviously dependant on how many hills, how long, and how steep they are.

The ‘City’ copes much better uphill than the original Model 30’due to its lighter weight and slightly more powerful motor, but on any electric scooter every steep hill knocks a few miles off the range.

The bonus with the ‘City’ though is that you can stick your charger under the seat, and then simply lift the battery out when you get to work, and stick it on charge somewhere convenient during the day.

It’ll do certainly do the 10 mile one-way journey on full power regardless of hills.

groundanchor
    Participant

Hello Ayesongs,

Thankyou for taking the trouble to reply. Firstly, I will be keeping everybody up to date on how I’m getting along because I’m actually bursting with excitement at getting to use this interesting, fabulous and good fun mode of transport for commuting. I think my work colleagues are even more excited actually…

groundanchor
    Participant

Hello Paul IOM,

I was more than satisfied with that first test test ride and here are a few more thoughts on range:
    I slightly underestimated my distance on that ride, I’ve re-measured it at 18.5km each way using a route planning app. 37 KM in total. Also, I should have said that I didn’t reach the max range on that trip. The needle was well into the red but I was still going well and wondered about doing a few more laps around the village, because it was bloody good fun in the sun. Also, I used the local minor roads which have twice as many gradients as the same journey using the main roads. So that was absolutely a total workout for the bike and I was very pleased. Its range has turned out to be at the upper end of my expectations before I was able to test it locally.

Kieron
    Participant

Hi,
    My first visit here. I am eagerly awaiting my model 15 due on Wednesday (3 days).
    Why did I purchase my bike?
    I have had a medical issue which has meant voluntarily surrendering my licence (ouch) and subsequently not driving. I am a car nut (double ouch). Thankfully I live about half a (reasonably flat) mile from my work, but I work shifts and at 5am walking past a sedentary car is hard. Living where I do means it’s usually raining too. I am either wet from the rain or from the sweat. A separate knee prob has stopped me from cycling for a while. So believe it or not, having to walk has actually reduced my ability to exercise for various that are usually obvious reasons for anyone without transport.
    Having been ill again on a holiday I came across the bike on line in my hotel room in Cyprus. I realised that it would resolve many probs esp getting around in work locally is now sorted. I can exercise without the thought of having to walk afterwards etc etc. I will post my reaction to my bike when it comes.

BowtomePhil
    Participant

Ground, does a full face helmet fit in the helmet box on the back okay ? I get my city 30 in a few weeks or so. How is it acceleration wise from lights? I have a 4 stroke which barely beats a snail for the first few seconds.

Paul IOM
    Participant

They are fairly nippy away from the lights Phil, certainly in the first few yards most electric scooters score over fuel burners as there is no slight delay for the engine to spin up from idle, or for the transmission to load up, it’s instant power to the rear wheel on opening the throttle.

I had a bit of a laugh some time ago when I found I had attracted the unwanted attention of a boy racer and his mates sitting next to me at the lights, they were basically having a laugh at the scooter and I could hear from the engine note that the driver was getting ready for a launch away from the lights, so I held the brake on whilst stealthily opening the throttle fully with my thumb so they didn’t see my hand move, the throttle is dis-connected when a brake is pulled so nothing happens until the brake is released, and I just sat like that until the lights changed then I simply released the brake, I could hear boy racers traction control cutting in as he set off, but the scoot was ahead for the first 10 yards or so, just enough to deflate his ego a bit ?

I’ve never fitted my back box and its tucked away in the loft so can’t check if a full face lid goes in but I’m pretty sure they do fit.

BowtomePhil
    Participant

Sounds good 🙂

smeconsultant
    Participant

Hello, my name is Sanjay Mehta.

I live in Harrow-on-the-hill area and I am IT Consultant. Yesterday I received my SE15 model. I have yet to try out. I bought it so I could move around locally and perhaps go to work on it every day in London. I have just bought insurance from Lexham.

On the back of my mind, I only have one worry which is protection and vulnerability against rough riders honking and aggressive driving. Erider 15 looks very much like moped so people might think I am deliberately trying to slow them down. I realize that to be legal it has to abide by 15 mph speed.

I will see what my experience will then decide what is safe for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.