E Rider Forums Our Community Initial bureaucracy for new mopeds

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rompik 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rompik
    Participant

Hello All,
    I’m thinking about getting MODA bike and just wanted to know what sort of work / bureaucracy i would need to sort out before i can ride it. Do I need to register the moped with DVLA myself after delivery or it is registered before it is shipped? I guess I could get insurance only after it is registered? Any other steps? How long the whole process takes?
    BIG Thank you,
    Roman

Jason
    Participant

Hello, the whole process took me about 6 weeks from ordering to on the road, but I could have done it a few days quicker if being absolutely optimal.

rompik
    Participant

Thank you Jason. This is really great post – exactly what I wanted to know! BIG thank you!!!

groundanchor
    Participant

Hi Roman,

If you haven’t already done it, I’ve just registered my new moped in 3 weeks. That included a few days of inactivity and one failed attempt, which required me to resend the documents along with a hand written note politely inviting the clerk to read the documents properly. The response time from the DVLA appears to be 7-10 days at the moment.

Jellylegs
    Participant

Thank you for this post, my bike arrived today. I can’t seem to get the dvla form I need from a post office so I’ve had to order it to be sent to my home from the .gov website. Hope it arrives soon so I can begin to get mine registered. Just want to go for a spin but can’t until it’s registered 🙁

rompik
    Participant

Thank you Groundanchor!! I really appreciate the info!
    Roman

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.