E Rider Forums Our Community HELP! 3yr old mod15 powers up but wont go??

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sarahkemp78 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sarahkemp78
    Participant

3yr old Model 15 wont go???? Any1 know if it something simple? All powered on.. Dash working.. lights working.. New Battery which is charged indoors each night.. then I twist the throttle and nothing.. but i just noticed whilst pushing it home in dark that the brake lights are staying on. Please any advice asap greatfully recieved. Ta x

Razvan
    Participant

Hi, it sounds like you might have a faulty brake light switch if the brake light is on at all times. This will also probably cause the controller to not supply power to the motor because it thinks the brakes are applied.

Paul IOM
    Participant

If your brake light is on Sarah that will be the problem, the brake light switch cuts power to the motor when it is activated, its wired that way for safety.

I cant remember how the model 15 is wired but certainly on the model 30 this problem is often caused by the sidestand switch which sometimes sticks, this switch is also designed for safety, to prevent you riding off with the side stand down, and runs through the same circuit, hence with the sidestand down the brake light is on whenntue ignition is turned on, if you flick the stand up and the brake light stays on its a sticky stand switch.

It is an easy fix, just give the switch a squirt of WD40 and work it a few times, the switch will be around the area where the side stand joins the frame.

sarahkemp78
    Participant

Thanks 4 advice. I’ll give it ago. Wd40 is usually always my 1st port of call in a crisis.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.