E Rider Forums Our Community Electric Motorcycle Insurance

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ayesongs 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ayesongs
    Participant

My insurance is due for renewal and BikeSure are keen to charge me an extra £50 over and above the premium. Does anyone have a better broker or has anyone secured insurance directly? I’m looking for cover for the Model 30.

Graham7024
    Participant

I’ve had a good experience from Bennetts today, they seemed happy to quote, and for a reasonable price too.

Ayesongs
    Participant

Thanks, Graham.

I just got a good deal sorted out with Lexham. I had thought that they just did bicycle insurance but they’ll cover scooters too and I got a much better deal with them than BikeSure were offering and no crazy surcharge. 🙂

Paul IOM
    Participant

In think quite a lot of us are with Lexham, they seem quite switched on (excuse the pun) with electric bikes and list all the various models.

I have tried alternatives but they either don’t list our bikes or are more expensive.

albiem
    Participant

Hi All,

I have a Model 30 Moda and I’ve just had a letter through from the motor insurance bureau and it would seem I had cycle insurance with Lexham! Even though it states “motorcycle” in the email I received I didn’t have the correct policy. They provided a full refund and have been helpful but I got the impression they didn’t know what to do with regards to an electric scooter, does anyone else have a policy with Lexham for a Model 30 Moda?

Thanks

Ayesongs
    Participant

I got my electric motorcycle insurance for my Model 30 through Lexham. The trick is not to fill in the form that the link here takes you to, but to phone or email Lexham and say what you need. The motorcycle insurance is more expensive and covers you for UK road use.

Mark

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.