E Rider Forums Our Community Chain came off on first ride…..anyone know why?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sherlocklh 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sherlocklh
    Participant

My model 15 arrived today. I had a short test ride and wanted to keep the bike. After charging it up fully (took 7.5 hours!) I’ve been out riding for an hour (loved it) but the chain has come off the large cog. Why would this happen? I need someone to fix it as I’ve no idea what to do with it.

steven
    Participant

I have a 18 had it since August done over 5000k
    My chain has come of a couple of times, it’s not much of a problem any competent bike repair shop should help you
    My chap told me it was a design issue, he tightened it up and it lasted about 6 months , after another 3 months I gave it a service
    When I came of again
    Other than that it goes a treat I love it

sherlocklh
    Participant

Oh! This was my very first outing after my test ride. Must be faulty? Erider say they’re going to collect the bike but not replace it, so I can only assume it will get repaired. I thought they had mobile technicians for things we can’t repair ourselves? Not ideal at all really.

steven
    Participant

No one as ever come out to me , just had to get on with it but I do love my bike go out nearly every day
    Would not be without it
    Would show you a photo but I don’t no how to on here

sherlocklh
    Participant

I already love it, which is why I’m so disappointed. E-Rider’s warranty section on the website says “In the rare cases where it is not possible to solve an issue remotely, we may send out a technician or customers may be required to return their bike to our workshop for repair.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.