E Rider Forums Our Community Battery Size

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kendrick 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

stejohno2
    Participant

Can you put a 72V Battery into a Model 15 if the size and dimensions are the correct size for the bike.

Paul IOM
    Participant

No you will immediately fry the conttol unit!!

kendrick
    Participant

not quite true.
    if you just change the battery then yes you will fry the controller and a few other items as well, the voltage converter that gives you 12v for the lights to name one.

All is not lost.
    I am at the moment in the process of converting a 15 and an 18 to 72v so I know it is possible it is just taking me time to work out the kinks when I have finished I will post a blog on how to do it, where to get parts and custom parts I have had to make myself.

having already converted a similar bike to a 15 from a different company there is one very big problem with this sort of conversion SPEED without a speed governor built in you will be going too fast to qualify as an e bike very soon acceleration is as fast as any petrol scooter with a top speed of between 25 to 30 mph, my finished conversion will have a governor built in but can be removed if you think you can get away with it.

Do not expect this conversion to be finished any time soon there are a lot of problems to overcome.
    kendrick

Paul IOM
    Participant

Kendrick if you search around on youtube there is a video of a guy who has made and fitted a home brewed 9kw….yes KW!! kit to his mountain bike, his on bike footage is hilarious, it hits something like 60mph and is pulling wheelies under acceleration!!

kendrick
    Participant

Paul look in the right place and you can find them going over 100mph or pulling a bus.
    think this thread is to convert an erider 15 to 72v, I’ve already said what I think on that its possible but wait for a nerd or similar like me to do it first.
    kendrick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.