E Rider Forums Our Community help no replies at all here

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    billyboya
    Participant

why is it this is suppose to be a Erider forum yet no one ever helps what I ask. plus how can I tell if I am logged in if it never says log out maybe this is why I dont get help

Weeble
    Participant

If I knew what your problem was I just might be able to help.

billyboya
    Participant

Firstly why don’t it say log out do that mean you logged in all the time

Anyway my question is I have a model 15 ERider electric moped when it’s on the middle stand and obviously back wheel is off the ground when I turn throttle wheel don’t turn. But at same time if I just turn a pedal it’s all fine then. Which isn’t right as wheel should turn soon as you open throttle

Weeble
    Participant

It might be a safety feature. I also have model 15 but mine works on or off the stand. Maybe I messed up as I rewired mine after removing the back wheel. Then I messed up rewiring but worked out I had crossed blue and green wires and all went ok. Very frustrating but got there in the end

kelly19734
    Participant

@billyboa :the throttle won’t start till you have peddled 3 revolutions keep throttle on when doing so.once motor has started just keep pedlimg gently with throttle on,and as long as you are rotating the pedles the motor will stay on.hope this helps.

billyboya
    Participant

This is so weird as the forum on my mobile says log out yet on a PC it don’t say log out. Maybe mobile is different

Anyway do you think it’s the motor in the wheel. As I see it’s got lots of Allen screws all way round both sides do you think it’s ok to remove plate on wire side of wheel to check
    I got done down on this moped I paid £350 for it but battery was no good after 6 miles so had to buy new battery. Seller won’t even open his door. I’m glad at last I have found someone who has same moped. Is it easy removing that black plate no the wired side and what could it be causing it

billyboya
    Participant

Kelly I have never had to use pedals to make wheel go round. It’s always gone round when I open throttle. Plus I have long legs so can’t use the pedals the model 15 has always moved by opening throttle

kelly19734
    Participant

I had the model 18 ,but on erider demo video of model 15 on you tube he pedals it.tgey are made not to work unless you pedal to start.

billyboya
    Participant

Well since I’ve had this moped it’s always moved when I open throttle. So it’s now weird u say I need to pedal to make wheel move round. I just tried it again on the stand moved the pedal and wheel was spinning but speedo says 29 Km/h. That can’t be right surely as battery says 50v

kelly19734
    Participant

It’s supposed get up to 15mph,if your is doing 29kmh that’s about 18mph that’s correct

billyboya
    Participant

But on a straight road it’s gone up to 42Km/h. That’s about 26mph the battery I have is a 48v. 30Ah and since I got the moped it has always moved by opening the throttle from stationary. So I am very puzzled why I have to turn pedal to start it off. I have never had to use pedals I can’t anyway as I have long legs plus bad arthritis in my knees so very hard to pedal. So are you saying then top speed is on 18mph when it has done 26mph the battery at the moment is 50.5v so plenty of power

billyboya
    Participant

Edit my above post I now realise why it says 29 Km/h as batt has to be fully charged to say 42 Km/h

billyboya
    Participant

Kelly if you watch that model 15 on YouTube when he gets on moped he don’t pedal he just turns throttle that’s how mine used to be but don’t know now why it’s not

billyboya
    Participant

kelly watch this video on youtube he dont pedal it says at start just twist throttle and go

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by billyboya.
    billyboya
    Participant

Kelly I posted wrong YouTube video it’s this one where he go straight to moped and drive away no pedalling

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.