E Rider Forums Our Community ERIDER 30 CITY my review

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Paul IOM 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

BowtomePhil
    Participant

Pre delivery

Thanks to Ken and all his team for helping me out. Due to having a moped already I didn’t want another one at my house uninsured. Where could I have put it and kept it safe?

ERIDER registered my bike for me and I then sent the number plates to them to fix on the bike.

So when it was delivered it was delivered insured.

Delivery

Delivered on time and Ian was very helpful in explaining the bike.

Charging

Very noisy fan on the charger, so need to charge it away from the wife. Battery real easy to get out of the bike. Charging was a breeze. The charger and fan stop once the battery is full.

Top Box

I have 2 helmets both large, although one is slightly larger than the other.

The top box does not close with either helmet in. It needs to be about 1 – 2 inches taller and all would have been well.

I currently have had to go back to my old (smaller) helmet so the top box looks almost shut. With the newer one, it has about an inch showing it’s unlocked. I either am going to just risk the helmet not being stolen or get a bigger top box. (Rare helmets are stolen?)

Under Seat storage

You can’t store much. I managed to get the chain and disk lock in it to transport them to the train station. I then managed to get my waterproof trousers in there just.

Day 1 riding

Bear in mind, I come from a petrol moped. So this is in comparison to what I am used to and not critizing this Moped.

Having instant power to start with makes me jerk a bit, but the instant power is superb and that is just because I am used to the petrol one.

Everything works, dam is it quiet. I need reading glasses so it’s hard for me with the colours to see the speed I am going, but it is at least 30 so all good.
    It is lighter than my previous moped so I need to get used to that, but so far so good.

The brakes are superb, better than my moped.

Not much else to say, but I will update this with more info once I have ridden it more.

BowtomePhil
    Participant

4 months later:

I love that I don’t have to fill up with petrol anymore. I do about 4 miles a day and recharge every 3rd day.

It is ideal for me and the distance I ride. Shame the website this one and the people who make it in china say 60k before charging as that is completely false. (regardless of hills, weight etc, I ride up no large hills)

It rides nice, shame, I can never do more than 29mph, it does keep me legal, but even down a slope it doesn’t go faster. 33mph would have been nice.

Yes it is covered at home, but the cover is too large to take with me to the train station and this has made the bolts keeping the wheel on at the back and the springs rust like mad. I have never had rust before on the suspension springs in all my other bikes.

As a first electric bike it is good , but I think I need a slightly more powerful engine to give me a better kick from the lights, 33mph , a battery that doesn’t need charging as much and rust free springs.

Does me proud though and niggles aside it does the job I bought it for.

Ken Ferguson
    Keymaster

Hi Phil

Thanks for your review.

Regarding range there is no doubt that the manufacturer ranges quoted are from tests carried out in optimal conditions and, in fairness, we do acknowledge this in our T&Cs.

“The specifications advertised on our website are those supplied by the bike manufacturers. Please note that the range of electric vehicles is dependent on a number of factors including body weight, terrain, wind speed and tyre pressures and the maximum ranges quoted can by no means be guaranteed. In truth, the only way to be sure that a bike will accomplish a particular journey is to try it.”

You will find the range will increase significantly in warmer weather.

Regarding surface rust on metal components this is again a winter problem which is pretty much unavoidable. It will not have any detrimental effect on the performance of the bike and can be controlled by rubbing affected areas with an oily cloth.

Regards

Ken

Paul IOM
    Participant

As Ken says, buy a can of WD40 and give the chrome and still parts a squirt and a wipe over.

Just keep it away from the brake disc though!!

Paul IOM
    Participant

Should say ‘steel’ parts above not ‘still’

All bikes suffer from this problem to some degree in the winter, even the expensive ones.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.