E Rider Forums Our Community 12 volt feed?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Paul IOM 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JeremyGelber
    Participant

Hi,

Can I get a 12 volt feed (+ and -) from anywhere in the bike, perhaps from the rear lights? I will soon be fitting a Zona rear-view camera system and it requires a feed from a normal bike battery which obviously my Model 30 City doesn’t have but I’m guessing the lights must be using a 12 volt feed from somewhere.

All help greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Jeremy

Paul IOM
    Participant

I would hazard a guess that the rear light would be the easiest, but remember it is only going to be live when the lights are on.

You might be better picking up a feed inside the front panel, all the handlebar controls pass through there, and then feeding it back from there under the frame.

JeremyGelber
    Participant

I don’t mind that it’s not on when the lights are off since I will always ride with the lights on and this will be a good reminder in case they aren’t. There’s no other places to pick up the feed I assume?

Paul IOM
    Participant

Not sure to be honest, mine has been uber reliable so I haven’t really had to poke around with it since I first built it.

There is the side stand switch at the stand hinge, you might be able to take something from the live side of that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.