E-Rider 30 Moda – First ride out!
E-Rider 30 Moda? Check! Arrived 20 May (great delivery – wheeled up to my door at 9am, fully charged)
Helmet? Check! SHARP 5* rated Caberg Duke Hi-Vis arrived 26 May (great service from Sportsbikeshop.co.uk)
Registration? Check! Arrived 2 June (just 2 weeks – great service from DVLA)
Insurance? Check! Done online in a few minutes with Lexham Insurance (lexhaminsurance.co.uk)
Number plate? Check! While you wait at Halfords, whose plastic number plate nuts and bolts were just fine for the bracket.
And I was off, for a quick test run around the quiet South London streets!
– Very responsive. This is nothing like a petrol moped where it’s not so much twist-and-go as twist-count to three-and-go: we were off like a shot every time!
– So quiet. You can hear the wind in your helmet and not much else.
– Great braking. Lots of corners round here, so really needed it.
– Good suspension. Not spongy, not harsh – just right for speed bumps.
– Remember those indicators! Need to pay attention if you don’t have an audio reminder, but it probably would spoil the quiet ride.
– Beep beep! No, they can’t hear you coming, so you need to use your horn.
– Lights on! Great LED lights that are bright enough to be worth keeping on in the daytime so people can see you.
And this is just the start…
Commuting begins this week.